The following instruments are available to hire from the Conservatorium (subject to availability):
- Piccolos (limited)
- Oboes (limited)
- Saxophones (limited)
- Bassoons (limited)
- French horns
- Trumpets (limited)
- Trombones (limited)
- Tuba (limited)
- Acoustic guitars (1/4- to 1/2-size) (limited)
- Bass guitars (limited)
- Violins (1/10- to 4/4-size)
- Violas (12"- to 16"-size)
- Cellos (1/10- to 4/4-size)
- Double basses (1/4- to 3/4-size)
A hire fee is charged per term. A deposit must be paid which is refunded when the instrument is returned in fully-working order. Hire and deposits fees are available on request at the Office. The instrument is retained by the student during school vacations.
Terms and Conditions
- The hirer will be responsible for the good care and maintenance of the instrument. Only the student named on the Instrument Hire Agreement and appropriate TRCM teachers will play the instrument.
- The hirer will be responsible for any damage or loss incurred.
- Any repairs to the instrument must be arranged through the TRCM. Where this condition is breached, the hirer will be responsible for repairs undertaken to correct unsatisfactory work.
- The cost of any repairs will be met by the hirer.
- The TRCM advises hirers to insure the instrument against damage, theft or loss.
- The hiring student must be enrolled at the Tamworth Regional Conservatorium of Music.
- Regular attendance at lessons with a TRCM-employed teacher is mandatory.
- The hirer must give priority to participating in the Tamworth Regional Conservatorium of Music’s Ensembles Program. This includes regular attendances at rehearsals and a commitment to all public performances.
- When the instrument is returned to the TRCM, this MUST BE to the office, within seven (7) days of cessation of lessons. If the instrument is not returned promptly, the hirer will be billed for the full-term hire. Failure to return the instrument will result in the hirer being billed for replacement of the instrument.