To provide leadership, resources and expertise in order to support lifelong learning and the pursuit of excellence in music education and performance in the Tamworth region.
To provide quality music education, accessible to all, enriching lives and the community.
The principles which underpin our organisation’s activities:
- Fairness, openness, honesty and trust
- Respect for all
- Cooperation as the basis of engagement with Local, State and National communities
- Diversity for our contribution to creativity and the enrichment of lives
- Integrity, respect and transparency in personal, collaborative and institutional action
- The pursuit of excellence in everything we do
- Continuous improvement.
INTERACTION WITH OUR COMMUNITY
As a major regional centre Tamworth presents many opportunities for a lively cultural life. It has number of well-equipped entertainment venues. The Conservatorium has access to these venues for performances. The most important of these are:
- A partnership with the Capitol Theatre for the presentation of part of its music program to students and the broader community
- Allocation, by Tamworth Regional Council of a room in the Tamworth War Memorial Town Hall for use as a rehearsal space for the Conservatorium’s orchestras
- A strong relationship with the community through the Conservatorium’s orchestras and ensembles participating in community events.
INTERACTION WITH SCHOOLS
Although operating as an autonomous organisation for the provision of musical education, the Conservatorium has links with the public schools. Some of the Conservatorium’s teachers also teach in the schools.