An extensive bursary program assists financially disadvantaged students.
The Bursary aims to assist families and students experiencing financial and/or other hardships enabling them to continue with their lessons.
A Bursary may be offered in the form of a discount of 50% and, in exceptional circumstances, up to 100% on tuition fees payable, depending on the financial, compassionate or other circumstances of applicants.
Application forms may be downloaded from the website or are available from the Conservatorium office.
The Conservatorium offers six competitive non-means-tested scholarships as listed below.
The Scholarship recipient will receive one 30-minute lesson per week at the Tamworth Regional Conservatorium of Music for the duration of the Conservatorium year; such lessons will be delivered by a Conservatorium-employed teacher. It is expected that above-average progress will be maintained throughout the year.
Enter online now
Complete a 2022 Scholarship Entry form online now
Applications close at 4 pm on Tuesday, 31 August
Please read the Scholarship Conditions of Entry (https://thecon.com.au/Scholarship-Conditions-of-Entry)
Update 26 August: Due to the ongoing Tamworth lockdown, face-to-face auditions will be replaced by video submissions.
- The video must consist of one continuous recording of both audition pieces (no editing).
- Ensure you are well-positioned in the video so the scholarship panel can clearly see you and your instrument. AMEB NSW has put together a set of guidelines that you can follow, available at https://www.ameb.nsw.edu.au/exams/video-exam-recording.
- Accompaniment is not required. The use of backing tracks is optional (ensure we can hear you over the track in the recording).
- Applicants should introduce themselves and their pieces at the start of the video.
- Videos must be submitted no later than 11 pm on Saturday, 18 September, but can be submitted at any time before this date.
- Submit your video by visiting WeTransfer (https://wetransfer.com/). This is a free service for sending large files (videos are usually too large to email).
- Click/tap Add your files and select your video
in the Email to field admin[at] thecon[dot]com[dot]au
- Enter your email address in the Your email field
- In the Title field, type Scholarship: Student's name (e.g. Scholarship: Joe Smith)
- A message is optional
- Click Transfer - you may be asked to verify your email address before the upload starts (follow the instructions in the email you receive)
|Jean Grace Gray Youth String Scholarship||
|Jeff & Hazel Lee Youth Piano Scholarship||
|Tamworth Regional Conservatorium of Music Youth Instrumental Scholarship||
|Tamworth Regional Conservatorium of Music Vocal Scholarship||
|Tamworth Regional Conservatorium of Music Junior Scholarship||
New in 2021!
|Tamworth Regional Conservatorium of Music Rural Scholarship||
New in 2021!
A Copyright Declaration Form must also accompany the scholarship application. Download a form from the OneMusic Australia website.